Orthodontic Treatment in LA
The smile of your dreams has never been more attainable. Dr. Elysa Kahan at Kahan Orthodontics offers a variety of orthodontic treatments custom to her patients in Tarzana, Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills, and Encino. Whether you are interested in early, adolescent, or adult treatment, our orthodontist is eager to present you with the treatment option that is right for you. Among our many treatments, braces and Invisalign are the most common.
Braces are the traditional method of correcting your smile. While there are different types of braces, the general purpose is the same–wires and brackets on the teeth apply gentle, constant pressure on the teeth to shift the alignment for a healthier, straighter smile.
Pros of Braces
- Braces are effective.
- Able to treat some of the most complex orthodontic problems
- Attached to teeth–No delays in treatment due to inconsistent use
- Cost of braces may be lower compared to other types of orthodontic treatments
- Different types of braces are available, allowing for preference and discretion
Cons of Braces
- Metal braces are a more noticeable form of treatment
- It can be difficult to clean around the brackets and wires, meaning oral hygiene routines can be more time consuming
- You may require a mouthguard to participate in certain sports or physical activities
Invisalign was created as an alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign consists of a series of clear, plastic aligners that the patient progresses through as their teeth gradually move into a straighter smile. While Invisalign previously was only offered as a treatment for adults and teenagers, Dr. Kahan is excited to offer the latest in Invisalign technology for children at our Tarzana location.
Pros of Invisalign
- A nearly invisible orthodontic treatment
- Invisalign aligners are removable, meaning you won’t have to stop eating your favorite foods to protect your orthodontic equipment
- Maintain your oral hygiene routines, since you can simply remove the aligners to brush and floss
- Plastic aligners offer more comfort than a traditional braces treatment.
- The aligners can act like a night-guard to protect against any nighttime teeth grinding
Cons of Invisalign
- Invisalign is only a treatment option for certain orthodontic problems
- It is possible to prolong your orthodontic treatment if you do not wear your aligners for the 22 hours/day they are prescribed
- Since they’re not attached to your mouth, it is easy to misplace or lose aligners
- Cost of Invisalign may be more than metal braces
Visit Your Tarzana Orthodontist
Whether you are interested in braces or Invisalign, Kahan Orthodontics in Tarzana is ready to serve you. Our friendly team is ready to answer any questions you may have or to schedule an appointment. If you have any questions, contact us today. We look forward to working with you.